This type of visa is issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
Visa processing fee
Non-refundable Visa fees of INR 12,000/- for multiple entry
The validity of a visa is 1 year (multiple entry)
Period of stay
1. Travel Documents:
- Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry
- At the end of the 90-day stay, the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand. The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.
1.1 Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months with two blank pages. Two signed copies of front and last page of passport.
2. Finances (Choose one option):
1.2 Three sets of visa application forms completely filled in and signed by applicant.
1.3 Three colour photographs of the applicant with the specification 3.5 x 4.5 cm. not older than 3 Months with white background, face and eyes are in direct position to the camera, without sunglasses or hat or any other head covering, except for some religious beliefs or ethnic background.
1.4 Evidence of travel: A photocopy of confirmed one-way ticket from the airline.
2.1 Applicant's Original of bank statement (attested by the bank) with consistent balance of 800,000 Thai Baht (THB).
2.2 Original certificate of the monthly income not less than and equivalent to 65,000 Thai Bhat (THB) under applicant's name
2.3 Applicant's original certificate of the monthly income (amount per month x 12) showing the total amount to be equivalent to 800,000 THB or more
3.1 Proof of hotel/accommodation reservation in Thailand from the hotel/accommodation with contact number and address which should include applicant's name and/or rental agreement in Thailand with a signed copy of Thai ID cards of the lessor.
4. Medical Insurance:
3.2 If staying at company’s accommodation, must provide the Company’s letter mentioning the address and contact information of the mentioned accommodation.
4.1 A copy of valid medical insurance covering all expenditures of medical treatment, including COVID-19, with a minimum coverage of USD 100,000 for period of 1 year.
4.2 Thai health insurance and the list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here http://longstay.tgia.org
Non-Thai health insurance, please download the Foreign Insurance Certificate from the website: longstay.tgia.org.
Following authorities shall certify the document and insurance certificate:
1. The authorised person of the insurance company.
5. Other Required Documents:
2. Notary public.
3. Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
5.1 In case of submitting bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required.
5.2 A letter of verification issued from the authority of the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than 3 months and should be notarised by notary offices or the applicant's diplomatic or consular mission).
5.3 A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, elephantiasis, third phase of syphills) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate must be valid for not more than 3 months and should be notarised by notary offices or the applicant's diplomatic or consular mission)
5.4 In the case where the accompanying spouse is not eligible to apply for the Category 'O-A’ (Long stay) visa he or she will be considered for temporary stay under category 'O' visa. A marriage certificate must be provided as evidence and should be notarised by notary offices or by the applicant's diplomatic or consular.
5.5 Covering letter (typed)
5.6 Resume mentioning in detail the applicant's background and personal information (before retirement)
1. Visa processing time at the Consulate is 3 business days for submission at centers in Chennai and 4 working days for centers outside of Chennai (not including submission date); the submission of additional documents takes another 2 working days. Incomplete information will cause application delays.
2. Visa fee is non-refundable, please check your information before submitting the documents.
3. The Royal Thai Consulate-General reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary, the right to request interviews with applicants and the right to reject any application without having to provide the reason.
4. Photo specification
: Need recent and clear photograph. as per point no. 1.3
Application form click here
Checklist for Non-Immigrant O-A (Retirement) - multiple entry click here