This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to perform official duties (using ordinary passport).
Visa processing fee
Non-refundable Visa fees of INR 5,000/- for single entry
The validity of a visa is 3 months (single entry)
Period of stay
Upon arrival, travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 90 days.
1. Travel Documents:
1.1 Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months with two blank pages. Two signed copies of front and last page of passport.
2. Evidence from Organisation in Thailand:
1.2 Two visa application forms completely filled in and signed by applicant.
1.3 Two colour photographs of the applicant with the specification 3.5 x 4.5 cm. not older than 3 Months with white background, face and eyes are in direct position to the camera, without sunglasses or hat or any other head covering, except for some religious beliefs or ethnic background.
1.4 Evidence of travel: A photocopy of confirmed one-way ticket from the airline.
2.1 Original invitation letter and related documents from the special agency (UN mission/International organisation/Diplomatic mission/AIT/ Thai state enterprise).
2.2 Official note certifying the purpose of travel from the government agencies/Embassies and Consulate/International organisations/state enterprises in Thailand.
2.3 In case there is authorisation number from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bangkok, please communicate through VFS for the confirmation that the Consulate has received the authorisation.
3.1 Proof of hotel/accommodation reservation in Thailand from the hotel/accommodation with contact number and address which should include applicant's name and/or rental agreement in Thailand with a signed copy of Thai ID cards of the lessor.
4. Dependent of Non-Immigrant Category F:
3.2 If staying at organisation’s accommodation, must provide the organisation’s letter mentioning the address and contact information of the mentioned accommodation.
4.1 Spouse’s/ parent’s/child’s copy of passport.
4.2 Certificate of marriage (government issued) in English (spouse) attested by MEA.
4.3 Birth certificate (government issued) in English (child) attested by MEA.
1. Visa processing time at the Consulate is 3 business days for submission at centers in Chennai and 4 working days for centers outside of Chennai (not including submission date); the submission of additional documents takes another 2 working days. Incomplete information will cause application delays.
2. Visa fee is non-refundable, please check your information before submitting the documents.
3. The Royal Thai Consulate-General reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary, the right to request interviews with applicants and the right to reject any application without having to provide the reason.
4. Photo specification
: Need recent and clear photograph as per point no. 1.3
Application form click here
Checklist for Non-Immigrant F - single entry click here