- To participate in sports activities (category ‘S’)
Note: Those who are scheduled to stay in the Kingdom longer than one-month, Non-Immigrant Visa category ‘O’ can be issued to them.
- The person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom (category ‘C’)
Employment in Thailand is prohibited
Visa processing fee
Non-refundable Visa fees of INR 1,900/- for single entry and 3,800/- for double entry.
The validity of a visa is 3 months.
Period of stay
Travelers coming to Thailand with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days.
1. Travel Documents:
2.1 Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months with two blank pages. Two signed copies of front and last page of passport.
2.2 One visa application form completely filled in and signed by applicant.
2.3 Two colour photographs of the applicant with the specification 3.5 x 4.5 cm. not older than 3 months with white background, face and eyes are in direct position to the camera, without sunglasses or hat or any other head covering, except for some religious beliefs or ethnic background.
2.4 Evidence of residence in India (non-Indian passport holder).
2.5 Evidence of travel: Confirmed air tickets from the airline stating different ports of departure and destination.
2.1 Proof of hotel/accommodation reservation in Thailand from the hotel/accommodation with contact number and address which should include applicant's name.
2.2 If intend to stay with Thai relatives or Thai friends, must provide invitation letter along with a copy of their Thai ID proof. In case they are not Thai, must provide their copies of visa and work permit, valid at least six months along with a copy of passport.
3.1 Applicant's bank statement of six months (must be original and attested by the bank) with consistent balance of USD 700 per person or USD 1400 per family.
4. Additional Documents:
3.2 In case the current bank balance is less than 700 USD, a cover letter, typed and signed by a family member who sponsors the trip, and whose name is on the above bank statement along with singed photocopy of passport of the sponsor (in case of submitting the financial proof of the applicant’s sponsorship by a family member) and proof of the relationship (government issued)
4.1 Cover letter- purpose of visit to Thailand.
4.2 Sports – Letter of invitation stating the application’s participation in sports activities in the kingdom.
4.3 Crew - Letter from transport company for crew member
1. Visa processing time at the Consulate is 3 business days for submission at centers in Chennai and 4 working days for centers outside of Chennai (not including submission date); the submission of additional documents takes another 2 working days. Incomplete information will cause application delays.
2. Visa fee is non-refundable, please check your information before submitting the documents.
3. The Royal Thai Consulate-General reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary, the right to request interviews with applicants and the right to reject any application without having to provide the reason.
4. Photo specification
: Need recent and clear photograph as per point no. 1.3
Application form click here
Checklist for Transit S/C click here