VISA ON ARRIVAL
Qualification required for visa on arrival
- The visit is strictly for tourism purposes.
- Must be the citizens of nationalities accordance with Ministry of Interior’s announcement
- Passport must be genuine and over 30 days validity.
- You must have a valid address in Thailand whether a hotel or apartment that can be verified.
- You must have a confirmed return ticket to show that they are flying out of Thailand within 15 days of entry, as appropriate. Open tickets do not qualify. Travelling overland out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.
- You may be asked to show your flight ticket on entering Thailand. If you do not possess a flight ticket to show that you will be exiting Thailand within 15 days of entry you will be most likely refused entry.
- It will also be necessary to prove that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family during your stay in Thailand.
- A fee of 2,000 THB is payable upon entry and is subject to change without notice. It must be paid in cash and Thai currency only.
E-VISA ON ARRIVAL
Thailand E-VOA is available for 17 nationals:
- Papua New Guinea
If you are applying for the E-VOA, you have to upload the following documents:
- Passport cover page
- Passport bio page
- Departure and Return Airline tickets
- Full trip of accommodation
- Photograph size 4x6 cm.
During the application, you may also be required to provide additional documents like birth certificate for minors. These documents should be uploaded online. In case you need to provide additional documents, you need to do it at least 3 days prior to arrival for regular visa and at least within 24 hours of arrival for express visa.
- The pre - approved E-VOA is valid only on the arrival date as stated in the application form.
- The purpose of your visit must be a short stay/travel in Thailand for no longer than 15 days.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 30 days from the date of arrival and have at least 1 page available for Visa Stamp.
- You must be a citizen of one of the 17 nationalities deemed eligible for E-VOA facility as per Immigration Bureau of Thailand’s requirement
- Your confirmed air ticket must show a round trip for no longer than 15 days
- Your full trip of accommodation address in Thailand should be verifiable
- You should have sufficient means of living to support your stay in Thailand (minimum 10,000 THB/person, 20,000 Baht/family).
- Visa Fee:
- The fee payment is the last step of your application process after submitting your details and the other mandatory documents. The E-VOA fees to be paid for Visitor Visa would be (non – refundable online processing fee, inclusive of all charges) as follows:
o Regular Visa fee: 2000 THB
o Regular Service fee: 500 THB
- Express-Visa Service: You can also apply for an express service, to get your E-VOA decision within 24 hours.
o Express Visa fee: 2000 THB*
o Express Service fee: 2500 THB
How to Apply:
Step 1: Provide the Application details and upload the necessary Documents
The first step of the E-VOA application is to register on the website https://thailandevoa.vfsevisa.com/thailand/online/home/index
Provide all the requested information and upload the necessary documents. If you are a minor, it may be necessary to upload additional documents.
Step 2: Pay the fee online
- In this step, you will have to select the country as per the passport that you hold. If you have dual nationality, you must select the nationality of the passport that you will use for your travel.
- The passport that you use for the application must be the same as the one you will use while travelling to Thailand. If different, then your E-VOA will be invalid.
- Your passport should be valid for at least 30 days from your date of arrival to Thailand. The passport should have at least 1 blank page for stamping by the Thai Immigration Officer
- The only travel document that can be used in the E-VOA application process is your regular passport. Other travel documents are not acceptable for E-VOA application.
- Each traveller must obtain an individual E-VOA, including infants and children. The E-VOA applications can be created either for a single individual or for a family (minimum of 2 and maximum of 10 applicants).
- During your E-VOA application, make sure that the information provided by you matches exactly with the information on your passport, otherwise your E-VOA will be invalid and you will not be eligible for a refund. Once the E-VOA is processed, the information provided cannot be changed.
- The E-VOA application has no connection with Thailand Embassies or Consulate General. For any questions or comments, feel free to contact the E-VOA Support desk.
- Please note that in order to have a seamless process for your Thailand E-VOA application, you will need a stable working internet connection. In the event of your connection being unstable, an error message will be prompted for security reasons.
After providing all the required information, you will have to make the fee payment through the Payment gateway. You can pay the fees using a MasterCard, Visa card, Union Pay credit/debit card or WeChat or Alipay. It is not necessary for the card to be under your name. Make sure that your card has ‘3D Secure System’ and is enabled to make international transactions.
Step 3: Download the E-VOA receipt
If the fee payment is successful, and your application is processed with a pre-approved E-VOA code, you will receive a .pdf file with the decision. You could download and print your E-VOA for your reference. We also recommend that you keep a copy of the .pdf file in your mobile phone.
Express-Visa Service: You can also apply for an express service, to get your E-VOA even faster. By paying an additional fee, you can get your E-VOA decision within 24 hours to help you travel at short notice to Thailand.
At the Airport
As soon as you arrive in Thailand with the pre-approved E-VOA, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Visa on Arrival area in the immigration area and enter the dedicated E-VOA lane
- Present your passport to the officer
- Get the final immigration approval and enter Thailand