This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to conduct scientific research, training or teaching in a research institute (with an approval from The National Research Council of Thailand).
Visa processing fee
Non-refundable Visa fees of INR 5,000/- for single entry
The validity of a visa is 3 months (single entry)
Period of stay
Upon arrival, travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 90 days.
1. Travel Documents:
1.1 Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months with two blank pages. Two signed copies of front and last page of passport.
2. Evidence of Education Arrangements:
1.2 One visa application form completely filled in and signed by applicant.
1.3 Two colour photographs of the applicant with the specification 3.5 x 4.5 cm. not older than 3 Months with white background, face and eyes are in direct position to the camera, without sunglasses or hat or any other head covering, except for some religious beliefs or ethnic background.
1.4 Evidence of travel: A photocopy of confirmed one-way ticket from the airline.
2.1 Original letter of acceptance from University/ School/ Institution (must mention the name and the duration of the course and details of grant of scholarship, if any)
2.2 Letter from the office of the National Research Council of Thailand (NRCT)
2.3 Copy of certificate/ license from Thai authorities to establish school or education institute (document must be in Thai language.)
3.1 Proof of hotel/accommodation reservation in Thailand from the hotel/accommodation with contact number and address which should include applicant's name and/or rental agreement in Thailand with a signed copy of Thai ID cards of the lessor.
4. Evidence of Adequate Finances:
3.2 If staying at University/School/Institution accommodation, must provide the letter issued by such University/School/Institution mentioning the address and contact information of the mentioned accommodation.
4.1 Applicant's bank statement of six months (must be original and attested by the bank) with consistent balance of USD 700 per person
4.2 In case the current bank balance is less than 700 USD, a cover letter, typed and signed by a family member who sponsors the trip, and whose name is on the above bank statement along with singed photocopy of passport of the sponsor (in case of submitting the financial proof of the applicant’s sponsorship by a family member) and proof of the relationship (government issued) with MEA attestation
1. Visa processing time at the Consulate is 3 business days for submission at centers in Chennai and 4 working days for centers outside of Chennai (not including submission date); the submission of additional documents takes another 2 working days. Incomplete information will cause application delays.
2. Visa fee is non-refundable, please check your information before submitting the documents.
3. The Royal Thai Consulate-General reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary, the right to request interviews with applicants and the right to reject any application without having to provide the reason.
4. Photo specification
: Need recent and clear photograph as per point no. 1.3
Application form click here
Checklist for Non-Immigrant RS (Research) - single entry click here