This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work as a journalist, reporter or film production team.
Visa processing fee
Non-refundable Visa fees of INR 5,000/- for single entry
The validity of a visa is 3 months (single entry)
Period of stay
Upon arrival, travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 90 days.
1. Travel Documents:
1.1 Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months with two blank pages. Two signed copies of front and last page of passport.
1.2 One Visa application form completely filled in and signed by applicant.
1.3 Two colour photographs of the applicant with the specification 3.5 x 4.5 cm. not older than 3 Months with white background, face and eyes are in direct position to the camera, without sunglasses or hat or any other head covering, except for some religious beliefs or ethnic background.
1.4 Evidence of travel: A photocopy of confirmed return ticket from the airline.
2.1 Proof of hotel/accommodation reservation in Thailand from the hotel/accommodation with contact number and address which should include applicant's name and/or rental agreement in Thailand with a signed copy of Thai ID cards of the lessor.
3. Evidence of Adequate Finances:
2.2 If staying at company’s accommodation, must provide the Company’s letter mentioning the address and contact information of the mentioned accommodation.
3.1 Applicant's bank statement of six months (must be original and attested by the bank) with consistent balance of USD 700 per person.
4. Other required documents:
3.2 Cover letter from both company and travel agency (typed with letter head) stating all names with passport numbers and its place of issue along with plan of travel and place(s) to stay for the group, as well as stating the financial guarantee for USD 700 per person/20,000 Thai baht for each individual traveller in the group.
3.3 Company’s bank statement attested by the bank and a photocopy of company’s business registration attested by the Company.
4.1 Film: Original letter of permission-to-film from (1) the Thai Film Office and (2) Office of Tourism Development, under the Ministry of Tourism and Sports.
4.2 Film: Crew list attached with every application.
4.3 Press: Permission from press division, department of information, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand. (In Case of media/journalist coverage)
1. Visa processing time at the Consulate is 3 business days for submission at centers in Chennai and 4 working days for centers outside of Chennai (not including submission date); the submission of additional documents takes another 2 working days. Incomplete information will cause application delays.
2. Visa fee is non-refundable, please check your information before submitting the documents.
3. The Royal Thai Consulate-General reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary, the right to request interviews with applicants and the right to reject any application without having to provide the reason.
4. Photo specification
: Need recent and clear photograph as per point no. 1.3
Application form click here
Checklist for Non-Immigrant M (Mass media) - single entry click here